GeoChemical Data toolkit (GCDkit)
GCDkit version 5.0 was released on March 28, 2018.Full GCDkit 5.0 install in the Download section
The GeoChemical Data ToolKIT, or in short GCDkit, is a system for handling and recalculation of whole-rock analyses from igneous rocks. It is written in R, a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics.
Main features of GCDkit are:
- Standard geochemical calculations involving major-, trace-element as well as Sr-Nd data
- Effective data management (searching, grouping)
- Common plots (binary, ternary, spider diagrams)
- Graphic output to publication quality
- Modular architecture (= easily expandable and modifiable)
- Transparent functionality & availability (open source freeware, WWW)
At the moment, GCDkit works under the Windows graphical user interface (GUI), and Windows Vista/7/8/10 are recommended systems. Furthermore, the current version should run under Linux and Mac OSX in command-line (batch) mode. The GUI for these operation systems is close to its release.
As you may imagine, we have invested hours of our time into this free project. Do you like GCDkit? Do you want to support us somehow? Then please link to our page, let us know your comments or submit a bug report. Have you known that you can even contribute some code? In any case, we would appreciate if you quote the key paper concerned with the GCDkit software:
on behalf of the authors