GeoChemical Data toolkit (GCDkit)
GCDkit version 3.00 was released on May 11, 2013. You can find it in the Download section
New features in the GCDkit 3.00:
- Introduced graphic plates, regular grid of slots to accommodate (any mixture of) binary or ternary plots, spiderplots or such alike. Each plot is further editable.
- Most functions available from command line with supressed user dialogues, facilitating work in batch mode
- French and Czech translations (locales) for classification plots
See changelog for the list of changes since ver.2.3.
The GeoChemical Data ToolKIT, or in short GCDkit, is a system for handling and recalculation of whole-rock analyses from igneous rocks. It is written in R, a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics.
Main features of GCDkit are:
- Standard geochemical calculations involving major-, trace-element as well as Sr-Nd data
- Effective data management (searching, grouping)
- Common plots (binary, ternary, spider diagrams)
- Graphic output to publication quality
- Modular architecture (= easily expandable and modifiable)
- Transparent functionality & availability (open source freeware, WWW)
Currently, GCDkit works under the Windows GUI, and Windows XP/Vista/7 are recommended systems. Under previous versions of Windows R may become unstable, failing to redraw graphical windows if too many of them are open. Furthermore, our users reported GCDkit functionality under Linux with emulated Windows.
As you may imagine, we have invested hours of our time into this free project. Do you like GCDkit? Do you want to support us somehow? Then please link to our page, let us know your comments or submit a bug report. Have you known that you can even contribute some code ? In any case, we would appreciate if you quote the key paper concerned with the GCDkit software:
on behalf of the authors