Data relevant to the GCDkit
- GEOROC - Geochemistry of Rocks of the Oceans and Continents
- A database containing some 200 000 entries of whole-rock, mineral and inclusion analyses of ocean island, convergent margin and large igneous province chemical analyses. GEOROC .csv datafiles are supported by GCDkit. Maintained by MPI für Chemie, Mainz.
- NAVDAT - The Western North American Volcanic and Intrusive Rock Database
- Age, chemical and isotopic data from Mesozoic and younger igneous rocks in western North America. 38 000 samples distilled from 1 160 papers. NAVDAT .csv datafiles are supported by GCDkit.
- PETDB - The Petrological Database of the Ocean Floor
- Data for sub-oceanic igneous and metamorphic rocks generated at mid-ocean ridges including back-arc basins, young seamounts, and old oceanic crust. PetDB output format is .xls (MS Excel), supported by GCDkit. Presented by Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
Other interesting resources
- GeoReM - Geological and Environmental Reference Materials
- Some 30 000 values for 2 700 reference materials as analysed in laboratories worldwide. Maintained by MPI für Chemie, Mainz. (How could we have lived without that?)
- PetroGraph (free)
- A stand-alone program, written in Visual Basic by Maurizio Petrelli in 2005. In addition to graphic capabilites, its main strength is wide palette of modelling tools. Datafiles supported by GCDkit.
- PetroPlot (free)
- A suite of MS Excel macros, extending the features of spreadsheet on the field of Whole-rock-specific features. Written by Yongjun Su, Charles H. Langmuir and Paul D. Asimow in 2002. Datafiles supported by GCDkit.
- IgPet (commercial)
- Another tool for geochemical data analysis and graphics, done by Michael Carr, available for Windows and Mac. Last version dates 2005. Datafiles supported by GCDkit.
Other interesting tools and link collections
- Isoplot/Ex and SQUID (free)
- Two excellent MS Excel based programs, providing tools for the manipulation and plotting of radiogenic-isotope data. Both written and personally distribuded by Ken Ludwig.
- MELTS (free)
- Homepage of the legendary MELTS system and its successors for thermodynamic modeling of phase equilibria in magmatic systems, done the team around Mark Ghiorso. It can be run directly under UNIX-like OS, as a web-based Java applet, or using platform-independent frontend Adiabat_1ph.
- EarthChem Tools (link collection)
- Besides the integrated access to several geochemical databases, EarthChem also provides list of interesting software tools.
- GERM Petrology Tools (link collection)
- Collection of 13 links to the interesting and usefull petrology-oriented programs. Maintained by Roger Nielsen at EarthRef.Org
- Geokem - An eText of Geochemical Data Interpretation
- A website maintained by Bernie Gunn. Tons of commented plots dealing with igneous geochemistry.
Page last modified May 13, 2013